Information to support you with finding work outside the UK
How can I plan for returning to my home country or working in another country?
- Find international employers:
- Use “country profiles” section on Prospects as part of research.
- Check websites of international companies that recruit worldwide (e.g. HSBC, Shell, Unilever)
- Research UK employers with overseas offices.
- Check out the key websites for job opportunities in the country you are interested in
- Keep up-to-date on businesses trading overseas through the Department for International Trade’s pages
- Join British Council Alumni Association
Useful information for students returning to China and South East Asia
- LockIn China – useful resource for searching opportunities in China
- Global University China China Career Union (GUCCU) report on the interest of China based employers in returnee students and what they offer to returnees
- Career planning guide produced by the University of Warwick, aimed at Chinese students
- Guide to starting your own business, produced by the University of Warwick – aimed at Chinese students
- Prospects China page
- GradLink China - employers in China who are actively seeking UK educated international graduates
- Leading China graduate jobsite with careers advice and labour market information
- Intern China - leading provider of internships in China
- Gradlink ASEAN – employers in South East Asia who are actively seeking UK educated international graduates
- Prospects Malaysia pages
- GradConnection – graduate jobs and internships in Singapore, Hong Kong and China
Useful information for students planning to work in the EU
- Key jobsites - Eurojobs, Eures, Eurobrussels
- Europass CVs
- Prospects EU pages
- Guide to working in Poland
Useful information for students returning to India
- Naukri - India’s main jobsite
- Gradlink India – employers in India who are actively seeking UK educated international graduates
- Prospects India pages
Useful information for students returning to Nigeria
- Careers in Africa - Employers looking to recruit African graduates and professionals who have studied abroad across all sectors.
- Jobs in Nigeria - Leading Nigerian job site with graduate roles and work experience opportunities, also offers advice on CVs, cover letters and career information.
- NG Careers - Nigerian jobsite with graduate roles, internships, career advice and CV service.
- My Job Mag - Jobsite offering graduate opportunities in South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya.
- Gradlink Africa – employers in Africa who are actively seeking UK educated international graduates
- Hotjobsng - Recruitment Agency/Job Portal based in Lagos, Nigeria. Helping fellow Nigerians get employed by providing high quality and verified job opportunities daily.