Offering placements, internships and projects
Are you looking for new team members with aptitude and ability, as well as forward-thinking skills?
Birmingham City University has helped thousands of businesses by providing knowledgeable, talented students who are eager to put their skills into practice during a placement or internship to help businesses to reach their objectives.
Benefits to your business
- We will help you find the right student to fulfil your needs, without the costly fees you may encounter from recruitment companies
- By joining forces with us, you will reduce the timely process of recruiting a work-ready team member with fresh ideas and concepts
- You can move your project or business forward with a student whose studies directly inform and influence your work
- You will be partnering with a university that prides itself on ensuring our students stand out in the employment crowd, and have helped thousands of businesses achieve their objectives
- The placement could lead to permanent employment, benefiting both the student and your company in the long-term.
How does a placement work?
Our students will come to your business bringing with them the skills and knowledge they are learning on their course. Some students may be assessed as part of their academic work and the tasks undertaken will often relate directly to their programme of study.
How long does a placement or internship last?
Internships or placements can last any time up to twelve months depending on course requirements, meaning they are ideal for both short-term and long-term projects. These placements are typically taken by our undergraduate students in the penultimate year of their programme.
We are also keen to hear from employers who would like to offer shorter placements and project work, which can be negotiated, either as part of group work or on an individual basis.
If you’re looking to advertise a placement or internship, BCU have an online opportunities board where you can register your organisation and upload your placements and internships. Register and advertise your opportunity. Alternatively, you can contact one of the faculty Careers+ teams who will be able to help you.
Note – If you have opportunities that span across different teams or if you are not sure where your opportunity is best placed, please use the registration link above or email one of the teams who will support you.
- To offer arts, architecture, acting and performance, design, events, fashion and textiles, jewellery, music or media opportunities: ADMCareers@bcu.ac.uk
- To offer business, finance, advertising, marketing & PR, law, psychology or sociology opportunities: BLSSCareers@bcu.ac.uk
- To offer computing, IT, engineering, built environment or sound, music and film technology and digital media computing opportunities: CEBECareers@bcu.ac.uk
- To offer biomedical sciences, education, health and nutrition, nursing and midwifery, sports or social work opportunities: HELSCareers@bcu.ac.uk